Wednesday 6 February 2008

White Peaches Poached...




I started with pocka dots that I turned into hearts which in turn dissapated and just made their own patterns in the cream.
I love white peaches and I love them poached... these were done in Rose wine and sugar... I cooked them with their skins on as that is what gives them their "blush" and once they were ready I took them out of the poached liquid... to which I added more sugar and reduced right down to a syrupy goodness... this is what I used to make my spots and hearts... these were surrounded by plain old whipping cream...
The whole process takes less than 45 minutes to completion and is a lovely dessert that can be eaten hot or cold and certainly done in advance for a dinner or lunch...
I did score the peaches along their natural line which made for easier removal of the skin once their cooled a little...
It's nice to be back blogging... Vida x x x


15 comments:

claire said...

Just gorgeous, Vida! :)

stickyfingers said...

Pretty as a peach, just like you. Welcome back Vida.

Cindy said...

... and it's nice to have you back! These are very pretty. :-)

Vida said...

Thanks GIRLS, I feel very much cared for!!! x x x x x x x x x x

Truffle said...

Beautiful! Lovely to have you back Vida!

Anonymous said...

How stunningly perfect! Lovely.

thanh7580 said...

Hey you're back Vida. I swear, I was going to send you an email this weekend to find out what had happened to you. There were no comments from you at all.

Did you have a good holiday I assume?

Jenny said...

The peaches, dots, hearts and swirls, all look lovely.

Gloria Baker said...

Lovely you back Vida!!! Beauty peaches!!! Gloria

Vida said...

Truffle, thank you very much. V x
Duncan, you are lovely to say so. V x
Thanh, yes a good holiday if you could call it that. V x
Quellia, thank you very much. V x
Gloria, it is good to be back. V x

Tony said...

And what a come back! At first glance I thought it was a fried egg, but then I actually read it. It;s amazing how one's mind jumps to something. These look beautiful & are going on my menu for this weekend (yes, I wont forget your commission).

FANTASTIC to have you back! You've been missed!

Vida said...

Hey Anthony, you sure know how to make a girl feel good about herself! No commission needed, your lovely words are enough... my how much I have changed in my absence!! FANTASTIC to be back, thank you, you are a honey... V x

Tony said...

When I went to compile my shopping list, I realised you didn't post the recipe. SO no peaches this weekend for me. Any chance of getting it posted or emailing it to me?

neil said...

I was planning on doing something with peaches this weekend...not as good as yours though. Aren't peaches so good this year?

Vida said...

Neil, they have been great, I am a stone fruit lover and this year is making me very content!! V x