Thursday 13 March 2008

Linzer Torte...




I am practicing my piping for my cupcakes and saw this brilliant idea on TV whereby you pipe the base of your tin instead of rolling or spreading both of which would have taken heaps more time than the piping did. I must say there really was no waste with the piping, it was SOOOOO fast and easy and I think it really gave the torte a professional look.


Now it would have been great had I remembered to take a after photo after baking but that was not the case and so you will have to imagine it all cooked and yummy, which it really was. I had some left over so I just piped out a few biscuits, an added bonus!!!! Vida x

Linzer Torte

200g butter
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
1cup sugar
1 ts vanilla
Zest of 1 lemon
¼ ts salt
½ ts nutmeg
½ cinnamon
150g flour plain
150g hazelnut meal
¾ cup raspberry jam

Whisk butter, sugar, zest and vanilla – 3 mins

Add eggs and yolk.

Sift all dry ingredients and add ¾ in whilst mixing with mixer then add last ¼ to be mixed in with wooden spoon.

Cook at 160 for 35 mins.

Tip for professional and EASY way to get base into loose based tin…. Pipe the lot in starting with tiny circle in middle and just keep going all way to the end then add a little border up sides. Spread your jam into base then pipe lattice on top.

5 comments:

Kajal@aapplemint said...

Vida, i am also always scared using a piping bag. I think its the more more u practice the better u get scene.
BTW thanks for your wonderful tip with the champagne :)

Vida said...

Kate, it's TOO easy, that Linzer Torte was my first attempt and I think it looks fine so with practice it can only get better. Give it a try, you will never go back!!! Vida x

Anonymous said...

Wow..the torte looks delicious!!! Will have to try that one.

Tony said...

Looks yummy! What a good idea for piping the base

Vida said...

Homecooked, welcome and thank you... Hope you enjoy it. Vida x

Anthony, I thought it was a GREAT idea and it allowed me more practice for my piping skills... Vida x