Tuesday 3 June 2008

A rose by any other name...





This is my "rose" pasta... I got this idea from a fellow blogger who sadly now has invited guest only to her blog... a loss for everyone...


I filled these with goats cheese, roasted pumpkin and amaretto biscuits...


There is no recipe as I just made the pasta and add the filling along the length of the pasta... with the rough edges coming together to look thinner and petal like when rolled around... I made these ages ago so my memory is quite vague but I think I used either water or egg wash to "glue" the ends together... I then popped them into the freezer whilst I got the water ready... Angelika was firm on this advice as they held together with the freezing and you could then cook them at your leisure or leave them in the freezer...


Alana plans to do them for a school project and I have suggested using beetroot to colour the pasta and laying them on a bed of leaves so they look a lot more like roses as such...


I will post those photos once she is ready...


Vida x

No comments: