Saturday 29 September 2007

Completos (Chilean Hot Dogs)

Start with nice fresh rolls, I like them a little crispy rather than soft
Make some mayonaise with egg yolks and oil, slowly adding the oil
Stirring constantly and adding more oil as you go
I add salt and lemon juice to the end result
Mashed avocado with a little oil and salt

Chopped tomatoes with a half clove of crushed garlic,


The last item (along with the sausage) is AJI (pronounced Ahee) which is a salsa made of onions, garlic, crushed chillies, corriander (cilantro), lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper...

8 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

Your completos looks wondeful, Vida, so nice, I hope you really enjoy them, and how you explain the ajì is fantastic, nobody understand when I speak of ajì, they know only Chilli (you know)Cariños. Gloria

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gloria, they were very delicious, we did eat alot... my mayonaise was perfect and everybody loves my aji. Vida x

Ilva said...

I think anything would be good with that mayonaise and the aji! Brava!

Gloria Baker said...

My mom comments me too that she sometimes make the mayonaise in a Blender (juguera) she use a whole egg, oil and add some salt and pepper if you want, is so smooth with the white, if you want try sometimes, but I love yours.xxxWhen I was a child we only have this type of mayonaise.Gloria

browniegirl said...

Hmmmm...I think ANYONE would enjoy hotdogs if they were made like these!! Fabulous! I followed your link from Ilva's blog so will visit you as well in future :)Colleen

Anonymous said...

HELLO ILVA, I am so glad you like my hot dogs!!! I feel like you have visited my home, welcome... x x x Vida

Gloria, I sometimes make the mayonaise with a electric mixer too but I think by hand you FEEL when it is ready. My mayonaise was SO yellow because I got the eggs from a farm and they are free range so the yolk was almost orange. Vida x x

Collywolly, welcome, it's nice to meet you!! I will now come to see you... Vida x x x

Gloria Baker said...

Yes vida I understand you say, my sister in law make the mayoneise how you, xxxGloria

Paul said...

Yummy!