Tuesday 18 September 2007

Pierogi and then some...


The filling is boiled mashed potatoe, cottage cheese and I egg...








The outer is sort of pasta, it's plain flour, an egg and warm water...










I roll it out so I can cut it...








The bits I have cut I then roll into little balls...











I roll these out with a jar or glass...









Until I get a little round shape the size of my palm...








I fill this with about a teaspoon of filling...








Close it tight by pinching it avoiding air pockets...










I shape it into crescents...








Line them up and either boil them or freeze them or both...









This time I made a tomatoe sauce with basil...







Topped it with cheese and baked it in the oven, yum...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Yum! I love eating these when I go to Borsch, Vodka and Tears but have never made them at home.

Anonymous said...

Dead easy Cindy, this was taught to me by an old friend of my mother's who has been doing them for more than 30 years... Can send you exact measurements and details of cheese etc if you even want it.. I have three trays worth in the freezer if you are ever this way! Vida x