Wednesday 10 October 2007

France...

This is the place that I stayed at whilst in the south. It's called La Combe de Tayac http://www.lacombe-perigord.com/ and is in a little valley called Les Eyzies. It is about 5 hours drive south of Paris.


This is my I might be the talk of dinner parties for years to come look... you see I love dessert so much that all those that did not in our group, decided I should have theirs. So with a choice of 4 over lunch, I had FOUR desserts and the rest went begging...

These are friends of the Chef taught our course and I was lucky enough to be invited to lunch in the fabulous Paris apartment. They even sang me happy birthday in French and had glorious cake for me...

This is my kitchen in our old home in Malvern East, the girls made a welcome home banner for my return. I had been gone for 5 weeks and they appreciated me being back even though their father had done a tremendous job in caring for them... If there is any interest I will post more photos of my French Fantasy....

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Hi Vida - I have nominated you for an award on my blog - pop by when you have time!
Hannah
xxx

Vida said...

Thanks wonderful Hannah... You do not have to ask me to pop by when I have time as I check your blog DAILY!!!! Vida x

Chef Jules said...

You look great, Vida, as do the vacation photos. I lived in France for the better part of a year some time ago. It was wonderful.

Four desserts! I can relate to a love of sweets. :)

Fun blog -- I enjoy your enthusiasm.

Vida said...

Thank you so much Chef Jules, I really appreciate the compliments! Vida x x x

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time on holiday. I am assuming you went to a cooking school or a few classes in France? I spent 8 days at a cooking school on an island in Greece. Best time of my life...so far!!!

Vida said...

Hi Valli, thanks for stopping by. I took a course in the south of France for a week. We visited markets and auberges and restaurants, I had the time of my life. One restaurant printed happy birthday Vida on all their menus for that day, I was blown away, I felt like a queen for the day. I went on my own and it was empowering, it had taken me 40 years to work up the courage to travel alone. I will post more photos soon. Vida x x x