Saturday 6 October 2007

Pizza Friday....

I decided to make pizza (from scratch) on Friday for dinner. I made the usual pizza base, flour, water, sugar, salt and yeast. The sauce, fry and onion, a clove of crushed garlic and add a can of tomatoes and reduce down to a thick sauce.
This is my secret little addition, so secret I had to blur the picture (NOT). This is just my bad picture taking skills, that's all.
I topped the pizza with cooked eggplant (aubergine) and goats cheese, buffalo mozarella, normal mozarella, pine nuts and some grated permasen cheese, it was supposed to have olives and capers but I forgot.
I forgot because I was busy arguing with Alana about her not wanting any of the above on her pizza but in the end she relented and loved it...
Here you can see my secret sauce swirled on at the end of the cooking and in readiness for serving. My sauce is just a balsamic vinegar reduction (boil sugar and vinegar until syrupy) and my secret is that I swirl dark chocolate (70%) in at the end... it is sweet, sour, almost bitter with the dark chocolate and really tasty. I have been known to put this on meat, pizza, filled pasta and stawberries and pavlova... but these are all future blogs... so for now I hope you like my Pizza Friday...

6 comments:

Hungry Hamster said...

The pizzas looked so nice I would have thought you had it at a restaurant!

hehe, maybe you need to share with us your secret recipe ;p

Vida said...

Will post it next hungry hampster, I am happy to share!!!! Vida x

Gloria Baker said...

So good pizzas Vida, looks wonderful!! xxx Gloria

Cindy said...

Mmmm, I love a proper, home-made pizza base. (Great choice of toppings too.) Unfortunately I rarely make the effort, being too impatient for much yeast baking! Your secret sauce is fascinating - not many things match with meat *and* pavlova...! :-)

neil said...

When I met my wife, one of the first things she cooked was goulash and it was mighty tasty. I asked her what was in the sauce and she told me it was a secret. After we were married she relented and the secret...gravy granules! We still laugh about it. No luck with our daughter eating anything other than margarita pizza, homemade or otherwise, but we do make them on Friday too.

Vida said...

Hi Neil, thanks for visiting! She did relent and had all the toppings but said she had to put them on herself and had to make sure it was hers she ate but I was happy that to accomodate her wims. I grew up on Goulash and my mother would never have know what gravy granules are but I love your story! Maybe next week I will make goulash and post it just for you Neil!!! Vida x